This telecommunications company has a better 1-year return than Tesla, Ford, Microsoft, Apple, Disney, Netflix and Amazon – Nokia Corp. (NOK)
Nokia Oyj (NYSE: NOK) provides mobile, fixed and cloud networking solutions worldwide and over the past year has generated impressive returns for investors.
Since March 2021, Nokia’s one-year stock return has outperformed several of the world’s most popular technology and consumer discretionary stocks: Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA), Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS), Netflix Inc. (NASDAQ:NFLX) and Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN).
Nokia is a leading supplier in the telecommunications equipment industry. The Company’s network business derives its revenue from the sale of wireless and fixed hardware, software and services.
Nokia’s technology segment licenses its patent portfolio to handset manufacturers and collects royalties on Nokia-branded mobile phones. The company, headquartered in Espoo, Finland, operates globally, with most of its revenue coming from communications service providers.
Here’s how returns break down from March 2021 to present:
- Disney is down $192.28 to $139.47 for a -27.47% return
- Netflix is down from $504.79 to $371.40 for a return of -26.42%
- Amazon goes from $3,027.99 to $3,144.78 for a yield of 3.86%
- Microsoft drops from $230.72 to $295.22 for a 27.96% return
- Ford drops from $12.49 to $16.58 for a 32.75% return
- Apple goes from $120.53 to $160.62 for a yield of 33.26%
- Tesla went from $653.16 to $871.60 for a 33.44% return
- And finally, Nokia went from $3.91 to $5.32 for a return of 36.06%